SUPER easy and made with super-foods only! Not too sweet, no added sugars/syrups/fake flavorings or other junk, and has a 10-14 day shelf life in the fridge. Fantastic on toast, sandwiches, add to shakes, plain yogurt, or eat plain. 🙂
Chia Seed Strawberry Jam
- 10-12oz strawberries, fresh or frozen (allow to thaw)
- 1-2 TBS honey (local, RAW is best)
- 1/2 fresh lemon (get the seeds out) — use the other half to make lemon water or to flavor up an avocado (with salt, of course!) for a healthy, super-food snack!
- 2-3 TBS chia seeds
- Place fresh or thawed strawberries in a bowl. Add the honey and squeeze out as much juice and pulp from the lemon as you can. I used to measure out the honey, but now I just eyeball it. Mash up with a potato masher or some other appropriate instrument (I got the old-school grated-looking potato masher pictured from a Goodwill).
- Walk away for at least 10 minutes to allow ingredients to emulsify. Wash a couple dishes or something. 😉
- ADD the chia seeds and stir in! Pour and store in an appropriate container (I use an 8 or 12 oz mason jar). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow chia seeds to absorb moisture, expand, and thicken the jam (they turn into a gel-like consistency and are easy to digest).